Thread count is a key indicator of fabric quality. It measures the number of horizontal (weft) and vertical (warp) thread yarns per square inch on the fabric. The more threads woven together, the higher the thread count. Essentially, it’s a measure of how tightly woven a piece of the fabric, and traditionally, bedding with a higher thread count is considered to be of better quality.
Typically, the more threads per square inch, the finer the cotton yarn used for each weaving would be and the higher density the fabric, leading to a softer and smoother texture. However, thread count isn’t the only quality indicator. Other factors such as the quality of the yarn and workmanship are also important when selecting a bedding product. That is why purchasing products from a reputable store is very important.
In the sections below, we will discuss the four fabric options for our duvets and pillows, as well as their features.
Duvet and Pillow Shells:
233TC 100% cotton – down proof, fine double needle edged with self-material piping
- This 40s x 40s fabric is sturdy yet soft and breathable. The thicker yarns create a robust and durable shell that is 20% denser (heavier) than the 289TC and 500TC fabric.
- Best for user who prefers a bit more weight and substance from the otherwise fluffy duvet/ pillow.
- Budget option for duvet or pillow.
289TC 100% cotton – down proof, fine double needle edged with self-material piping
- This 60s x 60s fabric is made with finer yarns (than 233TC fabric).
- The finer yarns and higher thread count offer the fabric a soft and smooth finishing, while keeping it light weight (20% lighter than 233TC).
- Great value option combining softness, smoothness and light weight.
500TC 100% sateen cotton – down proof, fine double needle edged with Satin cord piping, Damask Swiss Dot
- This 100s x 100s fabric makes our finest duvet/ pillow shells. It is the softest, smoothest, and lightest among our products.
- The Damask Swiss Dot pattern and Satin cord piping accentuate the elegance of the duvet shell
- Perfect for user who aspires the luxurious comfort with ultimate softness, smoothness and light weight.
700TC 100% sateen cotton – down proof, fine double needle edged with Satin cord piping
- Woven with 2 ply 120s x 120s yarns (120s/2 x 120s/2), this fabric offers ultimate softness and smoothness with additional sturdiness.
- Ideal for user who enjoys the luxury of softness and smoothness with a slightly more weight.